As our primary community periodical is currently indefinitely suspended, this page is posted just as a reference tool. If you are interested in working with us on one of our projects, please drop us a line at email@example.com.
Tsunami Quarter Review – or TQR – is a community magazine, and it is our goal to be as inclusive as possible. We publish articles related to social gaming: roleplaying games, board games, wargaming, miniatures, and so forth. Our focus is on making games more accessible, more creative, and more fun. Our open submission policy is intended to allow you, the community, to help determine the content of the magazine, and any reasonably well-versed and topical article will be considered. Strong writing skills increase the odds of publication, as all of editing is handled in house and as time permits.
We are particularly interested in articles providing advice for better gaming, original gaming content, and reviews. We are also very interested in original high-quality fantasy, science-fiction, and other gaming-themed art. We will not consider unsolicited short fiction or poetry at this time. Please consider the following submission guidelines:
- Articles should range between 1000 and 2500 words. Anything longer will require special consideration.
- Articles should be attached in a standard document format (i.e. docx, rtf, etc.). Graphics should be included separately in JPEG or PNG format.
- Articles and graphics must be your original composition. Our magazine is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License, which allows others to modify and share the material as they see fit, so long as they attribute the original creators and don’t resell it. By submitting your article, you provide explicit permission for us to publish it under this license.
- Articles and art must be original content. Items previously published in another periodical or similar publication will not be accepted.
- Be sure to include the article’s proposed title and author’s name.
- Articles may be edited slightly for considerations of space. We make every attempt to preserve the integrity, message, and original wording.
- Articles presenting an opinion should avoid offensive content and/or inflammatory language
- For purposes of cross-promotion, include the name of your website or organization, a small square graphic or logo, and the URL to your preferred destination. For original art, we will include your name and a link in the caption, but not the the logo.
Please send your submission – as well as any questions you may have – to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that all written materials and artwork submitted for publication in Tsunami Quarterly Review or any other Prismatic Tsunami periodical remain the sole property of the original authors. Submission grants PT Publishing explicit permissions for publication as described above.